Senior User Experience Designer - 62595BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
PayFlex has been in the benefits administration business for more than 30 years, dedicated to health care account offerings. We help nearly three million members across the country fund their out-of-pocket health care expenses with pre-tax dollars and lower their taxable income. Our experience has propelled us forward to evolve our offerings beyond the standard pre-tax offerings and with a refocused purpose to make it simple to plan, pay, and save for personal well-being. As part of CVS Health, we’re on the verge of revolutionizing the consumer well-being journey.
The PayFlex Product Design team drives and delivers digital solutions enabling a personalized and consumer-focused experience. We are seeking an experienced senior UX designer to join our team to lead the user experience discipline for all of PayFlex’s digital products. The role of this position is to research, strategize and architect the user experience for PayFlex’s digital products including consumer & employer web portals and mobile apps
62595Fundamental Components: Responsibilities:
- Solve challenging UX design problems by applying strategic thinking and demonstrating awareness of user goals, business goals, technology parameters, and design constraints
- Design innovative user experiences for consumer focused, digital products, reflecting project goals, business requirements, technology parameters, and design constraints
- Develop low and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes which put the project vision and design strategy into action
- Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
- Review competing products and recommend design solutions that differentiate the organization's products from those of competitors.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability and website functionality.
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches. The ideal candidate has the demonstrated the ability to:
- Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Create interactive prototypes
- Tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
- 7+ years of experience in user UX/experience design and/or product architecture for website, mobile app and/or other on-device applications
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
- Fluency in best practices for mobile information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency in industry tools, such as: InVision, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interactive/digital agency experience
- Experience within Healthcare, Financial segments or large corporate environment
- Experience in or knowledge of website development or coding
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Experience Design, Interaction Design, Communication Arts, Architecture or related subject.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.