Senior Risk Management Consultant - 62167BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Serve as a consultant to the team for IT related risk and opportunity identification and be the lead for the coordination with technology teams on the preparation of IT related risk dashboards. As the team is small and highly collaborative, the person in this role will be expected to contribute to projects in non-IT related risk areas as well. Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau and experience in executive communications would be very helpful, allowing this individual to serve as an effective consultant in these areas for the broader team.
- Drives or guides development of holistic solutions and/or key strategic plans.
- Facilitates diverse internal and external networks, as appropriate, for data gathering and best practice identification
- Leverages internal and external networking to drive optimal initiative results and knowledge/best practice transfer
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and independently influences business leader(s) to act or change behavior through negotiations and/or consultation that promotes issue resolution
- Communicates compelling and concise results to empower client groups in decision making regarding initiative opportunities
- Conducts thorough business case and external customer value analysis to determine selection, prioritization positioning and approach for broadest range of potential solutions (e.g. outsourcing, process improvements, technology solutions)
- Conducts client contracting process, builds optimal influential client relationship for results and deliverables and manages relationship throughout engagement
- Fully integrates baseline and metrics tracking into initiative planning and execution for optimal results.
- Shares joint accountability for initiative’s completion within budget and on time.
- Provides continuous coaching, direction, feedback and development for other team members, matrixed staff and/or external vendors as required
- Designs, develops interventions and facilitates work sessions.
- Partners with team members to develop and deliver all required/relevant analysis, reporting and presentation materials
- Gathers, analyzes and synthesizes business intelligence to drive achievement of strategic business objectives
- 7+ years experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project management, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, financial strategic planning and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, risk management.
- Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
- Experience with cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity.
- Experience in working with the Archer Risk solution including with implementing core Archer use cases and developing custom On-Demand Applications (ODAs) to solve unique regulatory business challenges would be very helpful.
- Experience with data visualization tools like tableau is desired but not required.
A willingness to challenge the status quo.
Team player, open to suggestions and willing to help when needed.
Relationship and change management skills.
Time management skills.
Critical thinking skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Masters degree preferred, but not required.
Archer Certified Consultant designation preferred Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.