Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Boston, MA-Wellesley, RI-Providence Apply
As a Project Manager within Aetna's Enterprise Management Process Automation organization, you will be working on developing the capability to automate the Executive reporting for the Aetna Healthcare segment. This role has high visibility and impacts our opportunity to change the status quo for Aetna's highest level of reporting.
This role will work closely with both technical and business-oriented project team members to support the development of RAPID Real-time Accurate Performance Insight Data System. Reporting to the Executive Director of Management Process Automation, the role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day Project Management activities
- Analytics and tracking for system activities and results
- Leading project work, defining scope, identifying solutions and provide implementation support
- Participate in QA and User Acceptance Testing to validate system enhancements
- Demonstrate to company leadership capabilities of tool and identify future system opportunities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in delivering project initiatives on time, within scope, within budget, and in-line with expectations/requirements
2. Produce regular and thorough stakeholder communications
3. Assist in the definition and documentation of project scope ensuring all relevant SMEs are engaged to produce competent and comprehensive functional and non-functional requirements
4. Ability to work with business users, understand their needs, and translate such into final project deliverables
5. Produce a detailed project plan and monitor activities to remain on plan
6. Assist in managing resource availability, allocation, and project financials
7. Identifies potential changes to scope, schedule, or cost
8. Work within scope of authority to resolve project issues escalating when necessary
9. Ensure required project artifacts are completed in compliance with PMO process and stored in the project repository
10. Excellent written and verbal skills
11. Strong management, team, and stakeholder communication and conflict resolution skills
12. Demonstrated experience resolving business problems/issues/risks
13. Ability to work with technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution
14. Perform risk management assessment and ongoing review and mitigation, as necessary
Proven track record in meeting project milestones and negotiating for resources.
Proven communication skills both written and verbal
Past experience includes development of budgets
Past positions required acting a project lead and directing a team
Proven ability to affect change/interpersonal skills
Solid Project Management and supervisory skills
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Project Management/Project Manager/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/
General Business/Communicating for Impact/ADVANCED
General Business/Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58791Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.