Senior InvestigatorPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Conducts complex investigations of known or suspected violations of company policy, fraud, and acts of criminal or civil nature that involve the operations of the company for internal adjudication or referral to State, Local or Federal law enforcement.
- Develops investigative strategy and mitigation measures for investigations.
- Assesses risk and complexity of the issue to be investigated and responds accordingly utilizing corporate resources and/or external resources as necessary.
- Reviews applicable company policies, employment and criminal laws to determine if an investigation is warranted. If an investigation is warranted, determines initial course of action.
- Conducts fact-finding through the review of pertinent investigative data and company records, such as IT security reports, personnel interviews and financial data.
- Obtains written statements as applicable and other best evidence to support the investigation.
- Provides regular case status reports to the Investigations Lead and makes Management aware of any high risk issues in a timely fashion.
- Partners with Regulatory Agencies (Department of Labor, Securities and Exchange Commission) and outside law enforcement agencies (local, state and federal).
- Documents investigations and presents final recommendations to stakeholders as warranted.
- Consults with the Legal Department, Compliance, and Human Resources, serving as an advisor to present facts for possible disciplinary or civil action.
- Develops and leads the delivery of educational awareness programs that support the mission to safeguard Company assets. Consults with Investigations Lead and Management for solutions to complex matters.
- Develops and implements strategies for mitigating anticipated future issues.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Investigations Lead, Management, or respective designees.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in business or government.
- Prior experience investigating matters with an international nexus.
- Prior experience investigating financial cases.
- Prior experience investigating internet and information technology-based matters.
- Prior experience in initiating and conducting sensitive investigations including prioritizing and managing a substantial caseload.
- Relevant certifications required. (e.g. PCI, CPP, CFE) Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (law enforcement or business related field preferred).
- Awareness of industry trends and development. Masters degree preferred.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.