Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Engineer - Voice OperationsPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Designs, implements and enhances voice, data, video and LAN environments.
- Utilizes advanced communication traffic concepts and system design techniques to develop appropriate network and distributed products and services in support of the business.
- Manages and works with vendors and provides technical support in the evaluation, acquisition, installation, integration, testing and monitoring of microcomputer systems and software products.
- Consults with and trains other units to ensure that problems are resolved and effective knowledge transfer has occurred when new PC and/or server hardware/software is introduced to the environment.
- May also train others on own team to enable them to support environment.
- Develops and maintains the tools, processes and procedures used to manage and make changes to the environment.
- May perform highly technical microcomputer software programming.
- Develops and maintains release management controls and standard installation and upgrade methodologies.Interfaces with clients to determine system software problems and provides technical advice for future planning.
- Anticipates and documents the financial implications of assigned work.
- Keeps abreast of new hardware and software developments, evaluates alternative approaches and recommends new software or modifications which enhance operations and development activities.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of debugging tools to resolve problems for mission critical products.
- Resolves inter-product dependencies, prioritizes and coordinates problem resolutions across organizations.
- Serves as point of escalation for less experienced staff, involved in determination of need for vendor assistance in problem resolution.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service within the distributed computing environment and associated departments.
- Effectively provides feedback on major, enterprise designs.
- Mentors less experienced team members by instructing, assisting, directing, responding to questions and serving as an escalation point for problem resolution.
- May also provide team leader functions for projects (system upgrades, changes).
- Designs plans according to business strategic operating plans.
- Provides clear documentation of technical solutions and communicates plans to management and customers.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- This position provides work direction for a team of four, supporting voice solutions for the Hartford campus and teleworkers across the country. This includes move, add, change, voice operational work (i.e. administering the voice system, including voice mail, Enterprise Skype voice). This position is also responsible for managing a voice equipment inventory, shipping equipment to teleworkers and working with the Aetna outsourced warehouse that stores IT hardware.
- Knowledge of Service Now is a plus for this position, as is any knowledge of Avaya (or Cisco) phone products or voice technology.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- 3-5 years work experience that reflects a proven track record or proficiency in the competencies noted.
- Demonstrated skill designing and managing distributed enterprise environments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.