Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Director, Application Development (Sales Data & Analytics)Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Note: This role requires strong technical skills and a start-up mindset.
- Leads teams that provide systems design, development and maintenance across multiple platforms, technologies and tools
- Architects/ Drives the disruptive development to build Sales Data/ reporting platform from ground zero.
- Develops plans for technical solutions to meet the business needs of the corporation, through business areas, groups or divisions and implements those solutions with timely and cost justified products
- Makes decisions that have a major impact on the Organization and the Company
- Provides overall direction and guidance to the technical team. Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports
- Prepares and communicates activity and progress reports across systems within span of control
- Develops and monitors long range information technology plans and policies consistent with the strategic objectives and plans of the business units and the enterprise technology strategy
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available application software to deliver business system solutions
- Selects and builds strong functional teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques
- Determines and communicates hire, fire, compensation, and performance decisions
- Enforces the utilization of accepted methodology & tools in a disciplined manner
- Proactively builds & maintains external & internal key relationships
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.