Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Data EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Enhance, support, and maintain architectural integrity of designated Financial Data Repository by implementing initiatives and delivering architectural solutions using established best practices.
- Ensure the incorporation of project requirements into specific system, application or process designs solutions.
- Deliver technology strategy and support of business systems delivery.
- Collect requirements for approved projects and aggregate resource demand by supplier and by role.
- Act as a technical resource to senior client and information technology management and staff.
- Provide technical consultation to IT management strategic planning groups.
- Assist with development of solutions with business area implications.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to future customer, industry and information technology trends.
- Develop and implement technology strategies that influence business areas with senior management review.
- Develop business models to guide development of the architecture.
- Oversee the standard technical products life cycle according to APLC.
- Produce output for highly visible IT products, services and future business development.
- Responsible for analytics engineering initiatives, including developing and deploying Big Data products.
- Responsible for developing complex and large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Use programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Write complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, design database systems and develop tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Develop frameworks, standards and reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Collaborate with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Use knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing and optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
- Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Experiment with available tools and advise on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and supporting data ingestion and consumption pipelines for enterprise scale datasets, using Big data tools, such as Hive, Pig, Spark and Kafka.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.