Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Data EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Design, build and maintain ETL data pipelines to process, transform and load sizeable volumes of data (Big Data) .
- Work with product owners to understand business functionalities/needs and obtain business requirements.
- Write Hive scripts to join the data from EDW claims and lookup tables to build denormalized base tables needed as input for ETL pipelines. Build framework in Spark Scala to read, process and transform large volumes of data from Hive tables.
- Implement optimization techniques such as caching, shuffle partitions, dynamic memory allocations and compression techniques to decrease run time of jobs processing huge volumes of data and improving performance. Perform joins, aggregations,
- Spark SQL, producing sorted and ranked data and aggregated statistics using Hive Windowing and analytic functions on top of Data Frames and Datasets to accomplish the business needs.
- Write optimized hive queries for adhoc data analysis and data validation of output hive tables.
- Develop parameterized UNIX Shell scripts to run spark applications and hive queries as batch scalable ETL jobs.
- Understand Hadoop containers and resources availability and utilization and allocate resources for the jobs for effective utilization.
- Generate distribution, elimination and comparison reports from Spark application.
- Work with data scientists, providing Hive tables for their reporting needs and incorporating necessary statistical computations in the pipelines.
- Create enterprise shell script utilities to monitor HDFS space utilization, automatically alert users with top N hive tables with highest size.
60836Fundamental Components: Background Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum two years of experience in building high volume data ETL pipelines.
- Must have experience in implementing data transformation and processing solutions; and writing and optimizing queries against data in the Hadoop (Big Data) environment.
- Must have experience with the following tools/technologies: Hadoop architecture; HDFS commands; Spark; Scala; Hive; SQL; Unix Shell scripting and Unix Commands; MySQL; and Git.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Cupertino, California, Culver City, California, Encinitas, California, Gold River, California, Los Angeles, California, Menlo Park, California, Orange, California, Rancho Cordova, California, Rancho Cucamonga, California, San Bernardino, California, San Clemente, California, San Francisco, California, Santa Ana, California, Walnut Creek, California, Woodland Hills, California, Stockton, California, West Sacramento, California, Ontario, Fremont, California
- Director, Quality Management Jacksonville, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Chicago, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Houston, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, Newark, Delaware, Phoenix, Arizona, Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, California, West Sacramento, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- On Site Registered Dietitian CVS Health Hubs Houston, Texas
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.