Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Data Engineer - 69541BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Develops large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines. Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems. Builds data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.