Senior Compliance ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
The Senior Compliance Consultant works within the Compliance Department serving the Americas region of Aetna International. Promotes compliance with laws and regulations and fosters the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in order to advance company objectives, protect the company's reputation and safeguard the interests of the company's customers, employees and shareholders. Responsibilities include: monitoring, investigating, training/education, enforcement, reporting, collaborating and consulting with business leaders, and engaging with international regulators on compliance-related issues.
Experienced / career level compliance position that applies compliance, internal audit, business, analytical, project management, and communication skills to support, manage and help develop compliance programs and processes that promote compliant and ethical behavior, meet regulatory obligations and prevent, detect and mitigate compliance risks.
66352Fundamental Components: Fundamental Components:
- Supports the regional compliance manager with day-to-day compliance support to assist the business and other stakeholders.
- Leads and administers the compliance monitoring program. This requires periodic reviews to monitor and test our “controls” for efficacy and work with the business to close any identified “gaps”.
- Manages the internal compliance monitoring program in the applicable software application, “eGRC”.
- Regularly updates eGRC – based on completed compliance monitoring reviews – and creates new “risks”, and “issues”, and inputs remediating action plans the business has agreed to.
- Administers the Effectiveness Testing Program for Canada, Bermuda, and Cayman Islands jurisdictions.
- Supports the business with reviewing submitted requests for the entertainment of third parties.
- Coordinates with the Financial Crimes Compliance organization and manages reviews for politically exposed persons.
- Prepares compliance training scripts and leads trainings for the business on various compliance topics, including internal and external compliance requirements.
- Coordinates the regulatory reporting for the region.
- Plays an active role in identifying new pieces of legislation that could impact the business and works with the business to ensure any regulatory requirements are effectively implemented.
- Helps prepare and present during the Compliance portion of various board and committee meetings.
- Coordinates with fellow Sr. Compliance Consultants located throughout the world. This may require taking calls before or after normal business hours.
- Independently demonstrates the principles of an effective Compliance program, including, but not limited to, risk assessment, auditing and monitoring, maintaining effective compliance policies and procedures, and effective communication and training.
- Supports moderately complex compliance business process reviews, corrective actions and other projects involving internal and external constituents.
- Independently develops forms and related materials that meet regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintains positive, productive relationships with internal and external constituents and effectively communicates and influences decision-making and ethical and compliant outcomes at various levels necessary to accomplish goals.
- Appropriately escalates issues requiring resolution.
- Independently identifies and assesses moderately complex compliance issues and risks that need resolution using established rules, regulations and guidelines, assists in the development of appropriate action plans and communications, monitors remediation and risk mitigation activity and appropriately informs and escalates matters to managers and subject matter experts.
- Independently collects the facts related to an issue, performs analysis and effectively prepares and communicates concise summaries on moderately complex matters.
- Acts as resource for colleagues and effectively guides less experienced team members to accomplish goals.
- Proficient in MS-Office.
- Proven track record in drafting, interpreting, and implementing company policies and procedures.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a regulatory compliance position in healthcare, insurance or financial services or relevant work experience in a business area.
- Strong project management skills. Internal auditing skills is a plus.
- Proactive colleague comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.