Senior Compliance ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
66256Fundamental Components: 1. Builds and maintains positive relationships with business units to achieve timely implementation in response to legislation.
2. Effectively prioritizes and reviews the status of assigned work via use of compliance tools to track progress and manage towards business objectives and compliance due dates.
3. Escalates issues as appropriate.
4. Produces summaries of implementation activity for assigned laws.
5. Helps business understand regulatory requirements.
6. Facilitates regular work group calls/discussions.
7. Identify gaps and recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows.
8. Gathers required evidence and attestations to confirm compliance with legal requirements and may perform testing to validate compliance.
9. Additional compliance activities may include: (i) Serving as a single point of contact for a business area on compliance questions and providing compliance support; (ii) Overseeing member complaints routed through regulatory agencies; (iii) responsibilities for compliance issues and risk management; and (iv) Supporting business initiatives. Background Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a regulatory compliance position in healthcare, insurance or financial services or relevant work experience in a business area.Possessing Project Management skills is a plus. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance Desired Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, Leadership - Creating Accountability, Service - Working Across Boundaries Functional Skills: Lega - Compliance, Lega - Compliance - state/federal legislation implementation Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.