Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Cloud Architect - 67955BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Leads design of new Cloud technologies by partnering with application teams
- Defines and document public cloud adoption best practices and strategies
- Evaluates cloud technology alternatives and makes a case for the best approach. Hands-on proof of concept work will be required in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud products
- Develops design diagrams and corresponding documentation to set enterprise best practices for cloud adoption
- Manages relationships with application teams and prioritizes multiple projects as they go from design into production
- Collaborate with teams across the company (i.e. network, security, operations) to build complete cloud offerings
- Design HA, DR, and backup strategies to meet application objectives
- 6+ years of experience in Cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and software-as-a-service.
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure components (network, compute, storage, load balancers) and how applications should best leverage each.
- Ability to work with APIs.
- Proven track record of cloud implementations with deep understanding of public cloud infrastructure concepts.
- Strong communication skills required as you will be working with your clients to ensure successful migrations and new designs. Experience evaluating and recommending new solutions to meet enterprise requirements.
- Demonstrated teamwork, positive attitude and good rapport with peers and customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced continually changing environment.
- High-energy, creativity and inventiveness in overcoming obstacles and keeping projects on track while building customer rapport.
- Experience in PaaS and SaaS architectures a plus
- Experience with public cloud networking (to the public clouds and within the public clouds) a plus
- Solid understanding of IAM capabilities and best practices a plus
Automation with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.