Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Business Analyst (IT)Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Consistently performs analysis and translates business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frames to solve most complex problems (multiple interfaces with other systems across multiple business units) considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective.
- Ensures end-to-end traceability of requirements is complete.
- Expert in one or more business systems. Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
- Conducts impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Competent to work at the highest technical capacity on most phases of the business systems analysis.
- Contributes to the review of Test Planning and Test Execution strategies.
- Creates the appropriate User-Interface Model(s) to support projects.
- Develops business workflow diagrams.
- Assists in the development of data models and interface design specifications
- Documents, tracks, and resolves issues related to data quality.
- Contributes to the design and mapping of data conversion strategies.
- Participates in collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources.
- Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager.
- Adheres to APLC or AGILE project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools and identifying areas for methodology improvement.
- Develops Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Creates appropriate communication materials are documented and distributed appropriately.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts.
- Senior BA assigned as Lead on a project ensures other BA's assigned to the project are completing their deliverables of high quality and on-time.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems
- 5+ years Business Analyst experience.
- Ability to recognize complex problems vs. objectives and apply creativity to analyze situations, develop solutions and procedures.
- Must possess sound knowledge of structured IT application development lifecycles, methodologies inclusive of Use Case tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.