Sales Support Consultant- ProposalsPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Produce the Summary of Benefits documents used in Aetna International’s proposals. Details include loading plan data into rating tools and reviewing the Summary of Benefits for accuracy. Works closely with Aetna International’s Underwriting and Sales teams to deliver the completed Request for Proposal to prospective clients and brokers.
- Responsible for accuracy of non-standard benefit requests submitted by the Sales team. This includes working with internal resource guides and Product team to ensure benefits can be administered.
- Once established, the candidate will gain exposure to more complex formal RFPs which include questionnaires, network analysis and complex plan designs. They will also organize and lead the development of proposal strategies that focus on financial positioning, product offerings, and Aetna value story. They will distribute strategy agenda and lead discussion of agenda points, in a collaborative effort with Sales, Underwriting and Sales Support team members. Responsibilities also include providing summary of strategy call, identifying deliverables and establishing timeframes for completion of deliverables.
- Project manage RFP response by coordinating with appropriate areas of the organization to ensure timeliness and quality of RFP which may include:
- Facilitate plan design review and preparation of deviation documents
- Solicit appropriate network access reports
- Develop answers to non-standard questions
- Direct the customization of standard responses to incorporate overall proposal strategy
- Follows established set of procedures for RFP follow-up, including responding to additional questions and clarification of original responses. Responds to requests to redesign product strategy, including product changes and funding arrangements.
- Acts as a resource to the Implementation Services Organization to gather and share appropriate information regarding final Summary of Benefits and documentation to facilitate the smooth installation of sold cases.
- Participates in department projects and consulting/marketing surveys.
64118Fundamental Components: If you’re looking to make a global difference in your next role – this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for a Sales Consultant who can achieve revenue, customer, membership and/or profit earnings growth by providing strategic and technical support throughout the sales support process.
The International Business Solutions team is a newly formed team that brings together International Sales Support, Marketing, and Product. Joining forces with these teams will allow you to support the growth of Aetna International membership by leading the development of customer focused and strategically oriented proposals that focus on financial positioning, product offerings, and the Aetna value story. You will be responsible for project management and creation of plan documents during the quoting process. Background Experience:
- 0-2 years RFP project management experience.
- Must be organized and efficient, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand the multiple products that Aetna International offers, and how the quote process may differ for each product.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.