Sales Leadership Program ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This role will manage our Sales Leadership program end-to-end, to include facilitation of core content to Sales field, management of program roll-out, and evaluation of program effectiveness. Consults with business leaders at every level of the organization to influence and drive complex learning solutions. Has responsibility for managing and influencing all aspects of a learning initiative such as planning, coordination, development, and implementation while prioritizing work, resources and time. Ensures the training output meets business and performance objective(s) and that all deliverables and due dates are met. Highly collaborative process often requires managing relationships across the segments or multiple functional areas. Uses a variety of educational media and a systematic instructional design methodology to design and develop state-of-the-art training tools and programs for designated Aetna audiences; assesses and reports on the effectiveness of training programs.
Preference for his role is Hartford CT but would be open to any location for the right candidate.
- Provide team leadership within a group of Learning and Performance Professionals in same or related discipline.
- Consult with business leaders with minimal supervision to drive creative and appropriate learning solutions and performance solutions to meet the goals associated with large-scale projects, products, and system implementations.
- Simultaneously participate on and/or lead multiple, complex project teams which may require interdepartmental collaboration and influence.
- Consults with business clients to analyze performance gaps, conducts needs assessment and uses formal instructional design methodology to design and develop sophisticated, complex and/or enterprise-wide, performance-based training and educational tools.
- Position may coach or mentor others by providing work direction and will act as an advocate for change, which may require influencing others to see the value in the training strategy.
- Researches new eLearning tools and industry trends in learning designs and evaluates such technologies for support of training initiatives to improve and facilitate the design and development learning programs.
- Develops appropriate measures and assessments to determine effectiveness and ROI to ensure training initiatives are in alignment with business strategy and goals.
- Works in partnership as appropriate with external vendors with minimal supervision to deliver training tools and programs that meet the needs of multiple, diverse audiences and integrate effectively into Aetna's architecture.
- Communicate regularly with local/regional/national training design and development staff to influence the design of program content and provide feedback on program effectiveness.
- Effectively manages all administrative requirements of the Aetna Learning Center; leverages all available reporting tools to identify trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with all Aetna learning standards and policies (e.g., vendor management, learning management, instructional design and user interface standards etc.).
- Supports the sharing of best practices and development of skills within Aetna’s learning community.
- Proven coaching/mentoring experience with proven ability acting as a project lead and directing a team.
- Proven track record in performance consulting and influencing learning strategies in a matrix business environment.
- 5-7 years project management experience with a proven record of accomplishment meeting project dates.
- 7-9 years professional training experience in a corporate training or related function.
- Superior knowledge and application of performance-based instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles and educational media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Instructional Design Methodologies, adult learning principles and/or performance consulting required.
- Masters degree preferred.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.