Real Estate Investment ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Primary responsibility is to work independently with mortgage bankers and correspondents in specific geographic markets to generate new mortgage loans and real estate equity investments.
- Must have a strong track record of success and possess a strong work ethic.
- Must demonstrate strong financial skills and a solid understanding of real estate accounting principles and possess advanced market research skills.
- Additional skills must include strong credit skills, ability to assess the functional design of real estate assets, analyze historical financial and economic performance and have experience in preparing property valuations.
- Understand and communicate the viability of a real estate asset based on property and market fundamentals and historical operations.
- Prior experience in preparing Investment Committee packages and orally presenting new investments for formal approval.
- Manage new loan and equity investments from initial review to closing/funding of investment.
- Manage a portfolio of loan and equity investments and review property performance and market trends to identify all risks associated with each investment.
- Complete quantitative property analysis to support a risk rating and prepare an action plan for each investment annually or more frequently.
- Manage under-performing loans and take action to minimize risk of default and capital losses.
- Manage or supervise functions of junior staff members if requested.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in valuation, deal structure, strong network of real estate relationships, legal documentation and asset management. Bachelors degree and relevant experience required. MBA or Masters in Finance preferred. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information Functional Skills: Investment - Real Estate - real estate investment management, Investment - Real Estate - real estate investment transactions, Investment - Real Estate - real estate purchase/sales, Investment - Research Technology Experience: Aetna Application - IM Mortgage Loan & Real Estate Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.