Project Reporting AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
PayFlex has been in the benefits administration business for more than30 years, dedicated to health care account offerings. We help nearlythree million members across the country fund their out-of-pocket health careexpenses with pre-tax dollars and lower their taxable income. Ourexperience has propelled us forward to evolve our offerings beyond the standardpre-tax offerings and with a refocused purpose to make it simple toplan, pay, and save for personal well-being. As part of CVS Health,we’re on the verge of revolutionizing the consumer well-being journey.
At PayFlex we know that the culture of our organization is the key toour success. If you align to our purpose, then you may be the rightperson to join our inspiring, dynamic, and fun team. We can’t wait to meet you!
The Project Reporting Lead will join a growing Data Science team that has tremendous opportunity to leverage existing data. As the project reporting lead, you will oversee the implementation of information strategy and development of information products to ensure operational objectives and other strategic business initiatives are met.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data
warehouse structures, SQL and Business Objects reporting platforms to leverage
data to create solutions and present data through reports, and dashboards. The
candidate will serve as a key business resource to work with internal customers
to expand and improve the reporting content at PayFlex.
- Oversees and or assists project team with creating complex queries, complex technical programming, and complex applications.
- Works with advisers from key functional areas to understand potential project impact on the organization, align project work, and execute activities accordingly
- Has strong business and systems knowledge
- Oversees the analysis, planning, design and development being performed by project team to support accurate maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Works directly with internal customers to translate business needs into report requirements
- Develops and participates in presentation to internal business areas on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Negotiates resources in peer organizations to meet high priority department objectives.
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances
- Drives the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality
- Works with internal customers to ensure they understand results Background Experience: Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3-5 years of data interpretation and analysis experience.
3-5 years of project management experience.
3-5 years of reporting experience required (data warehouse experience a plus).
Proficient at independently writing SQL statements.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
Must be able to work effectively across multiple databases with a wide range of reporting tools.
Ability to understand and work towards the big picture while also working with IT peers on a very detailed, technical level
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Additional Job Information: This job is office based in Hartford, CT. Required Skills: Technology - Leveraging Technology, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Functional Skills: Information Management - Data acquisition, data management, programming and documentation, Information Technology - Project management Technology Experience: Database - Microsoft SQL Server, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.