Project ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Accountable for and manages the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of project(s) with relatively small and/or less complex scope and deliverables.
- Project scope typically impacts one of the following: process, system, function, and/or product.
- Length of project may run one year or less in duration.
- Works specifically in the delivery of tools and capabilities to both internal and external constituents.
- Delivery of healthcare concepts through the use of action oriented reporting
- Provides input on business plan to achieve business goals.
- Proactively leads assigned project by creating project timeline, identifying key milestones and additional resources needed to successfully complete the work.
- Assists with the management of internal relationships, processes and performance drives (in some cases relationships may be external).
- Responsible for the budget and/or financial implications of the project.
- Identifies issues that may stall project and works with manager to address them.
- Tracks progress and communicates project status on a regular basis to all impacted parties.
- Builds communication plan for implementation to ensure all impacted parties (up stream/down stream) are informed of next steps for completion.
- Acts as an advocate for change may require influencing others to see the value in project.
- Group facilitation/presentation influencing various internal (these may be cross-functional/segment) may also include external parties.
- May coach or mentor others by providing work direction.
- May solicit and evaluate internal and external customer feedback to enhance continuous quality improvement.
- May identify gaps and recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization.
- Develops recommendations based on complex data and root cause analysis.
- May serve as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Proven track record meeting project dates.
- 3-5 years related work experience within the Healthcare and/or IT/Informatics sectors
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management.
- Ability to work collaboratively within work teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to be concise in delivery or perspectives
- Knowledge and exposure to using information, data and analytics in driving decisions.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.