Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Program Business Analyst- InformaticsPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Consistently performs analysis and translates business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frames to solve most complex problems (multiple interfaces with other systems across multiple business units) considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective.
- Owns Business Requirements documentation across a domain or program.
- Expert in multiple business systems across a domain or program.
- Ensure that current & proposed business Process Flows are complete and accurate as needed to support the Requirements.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of business systems, process and application analysis across multiple applications aligned to a domain or programs.
- Ensures that BAs assigned to projects or programs work with the business areas to support the review of the Test Planning and Execution Activities.
- Works across the domain and programs to partner with delivery leadership to help identify scope and impact of projects within a domain or program.
- Ensures adherence to project task estimates for the domain and programs.
- Proactively monitors, identifies, and communicates risks and issues that may impact any aspect of the project to the appropriate Program Delivery leadership.
- Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager.
- Adheres to APLC or AGILE project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools to identify areas for methodology improvement and best practices.
- Leads BA team meetings across domains or programs to share information about projects and programs and to identify project dependencies within and across releases.
- Ensures that the BA’s are updating the Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Leads other Business Analysts to consistently analyze and translate business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation.
- Partners with Delivery team leadership (and PDMs) to mentor and coach BAs on all aspects of the BA role (processes, deliverables, etc.) as well as any applications they work with across the projects within their domains or programs
- Provides feedback to the PDMs on BA performance as requested.
- Ensures that information repositories with application and process information are appropriately developed and maintained.
- Ensures that the appropriate resources complete end-to-end traceability.
- Participates in or leads the documentation processes relating to decision making rationales/ methodologies (ex. DAR) in support of project (ex. Software selection) or program deliverables.
- Contributes to decisions made on BA resource assignments to address project demand within the domain and across programs based on BA skills set, availability, and developmental needs in partnership with the Resource Managers and Delivery Managers.
- Ensures that the BAs are using the appropriate tools, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, and ReqPro (or other tools) to support their various tasks as described by APLC or AGILE methodology.
- Ensure that the BA’s are effectively supporting I&T activities (ex. Support triage meetings and defect resolution).
- Contributes, on an as needed basis, to the Application Design through effective partnership with architectural resources.
- Participates in Business Analyst interviews and hiring decisions.
- Must possess sound knowledge of structured IT application development lifecycles, methodologies inclusive of Use Case tools.
- Ability to recognize complex problems vs. objectives and apply creativity to analyze situations, develop solutions and procedures.
- 10+ years Business Analyst experience.
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.