Production Support SpecialistPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply
- Daily technical support for a production recommendation system on a Big Data Platform
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) ensuring implementation of corrective actions
- Identifies opportunities to improve day-to-day operations, processes and procedures and implements them
- Promote a high-quality customer centric focus when interacting with customers.
- Maintains Standard Operating Procedures and other production support material to be used by on-call staff. Grow and maintain system knowledge through documentation
- Work with management teams to ensure all support guidelines are met – to include business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Provide quality production support and ensure application service level commitments (SLA’s) are met or exceeded
- Continually improving the health and performance of applications by identifying problems
- Work with Engineering to implement automated recovery steps or preventative measures
- Possess experience in streamlining and improving existing support processes thereby improving incidents’ turnaround time
- Work with onshore/offshore engineers to analyze, develop and improve the Job Schedules.
- Create production system health alerting and reporting.
- Independently review technical design documents including data mappings to debug production issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of tier 2 IT production support experience
- 3+ years managing and troubleshooting production Hadoop jobs
- 2+ years working with production job scheduling technologies (TWS, Oozie, Airflow, etc.)
- 2+ years with Linux via CLI and Shell Scripting
- 2+ years writing SQL queries and understanding logic of existing queries
- Experience with advanced analytics (R, Python, H2O, etc.) enabled products is desired
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.