Product ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Identifies opportunities for the application of information systems technology to improve product support.
- Present the client requirements to the cross-functional team (e.g. Sales, Underwriting, Actuarial, Operations, etc.) to design and deliver solutions as per client needs.
- Assist in design, development, and management of new, existing, and acquisition products.
- Participate in product/work sessions for development of new functionality and for customization of existing functionality.
- Review product performance against client requirements to provide optimal product.
- Serve as product advocate for assigned market(s).
- Develop expertise in product knowledge, technical knowledge, and industry and process knowledge in relevant product areas.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of marketplace, competitors, and health insurance industry trends in order to identify new business and local market opportunities.
- Ensure marketing and training materials are fully compliant and appropriately updated and distributed.
- Create and maintain a product marketing plan for increasing sales and revenue.
- Train sales, sales support, and other teams in product knowledge.
- Address customer queries in timely fashion.
- Work with management and team to determine product strategy, roadmap, and milestones.
- Make decisions regarding product standards and policies.
- Effectively communicates the need and rationale for policies and standards.
- Communicates the product vision for the organization that reflects the company's values and responds to the needs of various "stakeholders" (i.e., employees, customers, shareholders)
- Represent product strategy in project activities
- Acts as product advocate for assigned markets
- Works with local markets to develop local product strategies; develops and implements tactical plans to achieve that direction
- Make decisions regarding product standards and policies
- Effectively communicates the need and rationale for policies and standards
- Identifies opportunities for the application of information systems technology to improve product support
- Ensures that systems are designed, developed, implemented, and maintained from a product and business/customer point of view
- 3-5 years related experience including compliance, communications, detailed document writing, or member materials development in the managed care industry preferred
- Experience and expertise in business analysis, project management, sales support, marketing and/or product development/management
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.