Product Consultant - 61023BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, FL-Plantation, NY-New York, OH-New Albany, PA-Blue Bell Apply
We are looking for a Product Consultant who serves as a project manager on product refreshes, development, and provide superb customer service to our cross-functional business units in Aetna International.
The International Business Solutions team is a newly formed team that brings together International Sales Support, Marketing, and Product. Joining forces with these teams will allow you to build and maintain positive relationships with business units to achieve timely implementation in response to legislation.
Reporting to the Head of Products for Aetna International, the Product Consultant will help to shape and execute our product strategy and serve as product ambassador for our local markets. This is a key role in supporting our growth ambitions in the Aetna International, Americas region.
- Present health plans and other product offerings (e.g., health and wellness programs) to cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Underwriting, Actuarial, Operations, etc.) to design and delivery solutions
- Assist in design, development, and management of new, existing, and acquisition products
- Participate in product/work sessions for development of new health benefits and customization of existing health plans
- Review and present product performance as part of product refreshes
- Serve as product advocate for assigned market(s)
- Develop expertise in product knowledge, technical knowledge, and industry and process knowledge in relevant product areas
- Maintain a thorough understanding of marketplace, competitors, and health insurance industry trends in order to identify new business and local market opportunities
- Ensure marketing and training materials are fully compliant and appropriately updated and distributed
- Create and maintain project plan on product refreshes and development
- Educate sales, sales support, and other teams in health plans and benefit designs
- Address customer queries in a timely fashion
- Work with management and team to determine product strategy, roadmap, and milestones
- Effectively communicates and make decisions regarding health plan/benefits standards and policies
- Effectively communicates the need and rationale for health plan/benefit
- 3-5 years related experience health plan/benefits design and health insurance industry preferred
- Work independently, adapt to changing priorities, and excellent communication skills
- Track record of collaborating with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Adhere to company policies, practices, code of conduct, and applicable laws and regulations
- Demonstrate strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Work effectively in a matrixed environment and navigate throughout the organization to get work done
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.