Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Middleware EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
*Note: Interested candidates must be legally eligible to work for any US employer & not require visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future.
- Assess, engineer, develop, design and support products and platforms that provide capabilities for advanced tooling and application support.
- Work with engineering Leads to strategize and develop solutions addressing technical and business needs, understand and address end-to-end requirements and infrastructure.
- Engineer, design, automate, implement and support prototypes, using open source and vendor solutions.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop cross-function technology stack interactions.
- Design code, instrument and document processes.
- Provide leadership, able to engage cross organizationally to promote change and carve out new technology and software not previously deployed.
- Participate in the development and execution of project plans and timelines.
- Perform infrastructure software installs and upgrades.
- Build infrastructure environments for development, integration, QA, Stress and production application server environments and support application deployments.
- Assists and conducts configuration & testing/certification of infrastructure products, customer support and upgrades.
- Creates necessary documentation for install and testing processes.
- Monitor overall capacity / performance of application server environments, tune infrastructure components for optimal performance for both system and application goals.
- Monitor product usage to insure efficiency, reliability and adherence to license agreements.
- Input, planning and support for disaster recovery for the infrastructure tier.
- Aptitude/engineering competencies: Administration/exposure to Middleware Platform Administration, MQ, IIB, exposure on one or more: Linux, AIX, Windows, Cloud
- Experience in diagnostic/troubleshooting vendor software and enterprise environments.
- Navigate effortlessly across multiple organizations.
- Automation capabilities, scripting exposure a plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems.
- Solid team competencies.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Licensed Indpendent Social Worker Cincinnati, Ohio
- HealthCare Benefits Financial Reporting Director Hartford, Connecticut
- Clinical Program Consultant Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Bristol, Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Fairfax, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Bethesda, Maryland, Hagerstown, Maryland, Linthicum, Maryland, Rockville, Maryland, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.