Mgr, Sales SupportPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
The Sales Support Manager is responsible for leading the sales support team to achieve revenue, membership growth, and profit earnings by providing strategic leadership support throughout the sales support process.
Aetna International is looking for a Sales Support Manager who will be responsible for a team of 5-6 FTEs to help shape and execute our sales strategies for our international business. This is a key role in supporting our growth ambitions in the Aetna International, Americas region.
What you'll do:
- Cultivates and manages relationships with various internal/external customers. May include existing plan sponsors/prospects, brokers, consultants, health local market, field representatives, etc.
- Reviews incoming requests (new/growth RFPs/RFIs and proactive quotes) for strategic and capabilities match
- Completes preliminary and/or final risk evaluation.
- Performs consultative selling
- Analyze competition and competitive position
- Oversee completion of annual broker/consultant surveys in support of proposal process
- Assist in development of customer sales strategies
- Develop systems and procedures to support sales process
- Coordinate sales related activities across multiple functions
- Manage the workflow of contracting or broker services
- Assists team members in handling difficult sales situations (rates, exceptions, conflicts)
- Oversee Development and Delivery of Proposals (e.g. development of proposal response strategy, determine exceptions and resource commitments, etc.)
- Provide oversight and sign off on financial exceptions (claim evaluations, expense calculation, guarantee structure, stop loss pricing)
- Develops presentation materials and participates in meetings/presentations/site visits
- Accountable for achieving team and organizational KPMs
- Operationalize overall direction from senior management (translating applicable business plan into everyday activities and operations)
- Serves as liaison between team members and senior management
- Negotiates resolutions to internal/external barriers relative to the sales support process
- 5+ years of recent and related sales admin experience required
- 1-2 years sales management experience preferred
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
57989Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.