Medical Economics ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, KS-Overland Park Apply
- This analytical position is responsible for supporting the achievement of the 2018 SAI Target for Network & Clinical Services and works collaboratively to determine the financial impact resulting from changes in Aetna’s medical policy. This position is part of a team that provides focused analytical research, complex financial modeling and business decision support related to medical costs.
68124Fundamental Components: - Participate in complex medical economic projects and business decision support
- Influence changes and/or enhancements to business processes, medical policies, and system infrastructure to improve information quality, availability and access
- Support the achievement of medical cost savings goals related to ideation and analysis for Scoreable Action Initiatives (SAIs).
- The ideal candidate will have foundational knowledge of medical policy, as well as medical management concepts.
- Must be skilled in complex data collection, modeling & analysis.
- Must be skilled with Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access and understand relational database concepts. SAS/SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize & manage multiple projects while managing customer expectations and business priorities.
- Requires strong communication skills, creating an environment of teamwork with MEU internal & external constituents.
- Requires an understanding of healthcare industry, healthcare data, common healthcare terminology, and medical cost issues & strategies.
Background Experience: -Demonstrated project management experience with accountability for business results
-Strong Analytical Skills - must be able to turn data into information and influence business decisions
-Collaboration - must be able to work across teams and reach out for necessary information, input, and buy-in
-Successfully Prioritize Competing Projects
-Understand Medical Cost Drivers
Required Skills: Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Enterprise Data Warehouse, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel, Development Language - SQL Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.