Manager, Strategic MarketingPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Aetna International is looking for a creative, innovative thinker to join our Business Solutions team! We are looking for a Marketing Manager with a reputation for developing innovative approaches to marketing that can help expand our international business while building trust and loyalty with customers. The International Business Solutions team is a newly formed team that brings together Marketing, Product, and Sales Support. Joining forces with these teams will allow you to be creative, strategize, design and deliver innovative marketing strategies that meet the needs of our international customers.
What you'll do:
- Manages the implementation of marketing strategies and plans.
- Models/coaches direct reports, and others, on effective meeting facilitation, consultative and communication skills.
- Set and manage high standards of performance, and identify desirable professional development opportunities.
- Manages members of a marketing team that develop the business and/or local market strategy as well as the tactical operating plans while working with the business areas management team.
- Allocates resources (people and budget) to priority initiatives that help the team deliver on objectives and strategy.
- Manages data management and analysis as they relate to marketing activities.
- Manages market research/competitive intelligence activities and determine how information impacts strategy development.
- Manages, monitors and coaches staff on internal customer promotions and communications activities.
- 7+ years of experience, 3-5 years of experience as SME.
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, and conceptual abilities; ability to lead strategic planning discussions.
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization. Negotiating, influencing, and change management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including listening and ability to explain complex ideas and technologies, and writing and presenting formal presentations.
-Ability to work collaboratively through various department and functions. Promotes a culture of proactive teamwork.
- Experience managing both cross functional/matrix teams and teams of direct reports.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
57990Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.