Manager, Pharmacy New Business ImplementationsPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Full/time telework role. Can be located anywhere.
- Develops and implements strategic business plan to achieve business goals.
- Proactively leads by setting strategic direction.
- Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization.
- Collaborates and partners with other functional managers, other business areas across/within segments or other business areas to ensure all workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed.
- Influences change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services.
- Responsible for development and implementation of new ideas that supports work/team.
- Tracks opportunities/risks with field leadership; participates in external finalist meetings as required and manages ongoing client and consulting firm meetings on the execution of benefits
- Provides oversight of team responsibilities including consulting on pharmacy benefit plan strategy, capturing client benefit intent, coordinating file transfers, communicating programs, and ensuring accurate systems coding through testing.
- Management of staff accountabilities:
- Oversees all implementation work including monitoring and tracking of progress and status update communications
- Assists others to identify solutions to issues that negatively impact the implementation.
- Ensures that all team members are adequately trained and manages workload expectations to ensure staffing assignments are distributed to be successful
- Accountable for the quality of the implementation and expected benefit plan to support client and consultant satisfaction.
- 8-10 years healthcare industry experience.
- 5 years in depth knowledge of Aetna's Pharmacy products, services and system capabilities.
- Project management experience with highly complex implementation requirements and leadership experience.
- Experience interacting with various levels of the organization, including senior leadership, to effectively influence others and achieve optimal results.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations Additional Job Information: • Strong analytical skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy while focusing on overall project deliverables.
• Negotiation and conflict resolutions skills across various levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and able to quickly prioritize multiple assignments with high quality results.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills using active listening and open-ended questions to encourage others' points of view to influence others to achieve best practices.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exercises creativity and innovation in achieving project results.
• In depth knowledge of department functions that is sought by others. Required Skills: Sales - Knowing Customers, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Service - Working Across Boundaries Desired Skills: Leadership - Creating Accountability, Sales - Delivering on the Promise, Service - Handling Service Challenges Functional Skills: Communication - Communication Delivery - Public Speaking, Management - Management - Multifunctional management: < 25 employees, Products-Other - Pharmacy, Project Management - Plan management, Project Management - Scope Management Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.