Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Lead Service Mgmt SpecPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Mentor resources and teams towards finding the accurate root cause and a detailed and effective mitigation plan to ensure the underlying cause of the issue does not reoccur.
- Develop, facilitate, and improve communications regarding real time IT production issues, service requests, and change activities to our business customers.
- Identifies and prioritizes IT resources to resolve problems impacting business.
- Collaborates with disaster recovery services and IT organizations to ensure plans address department's requirements and established timeframes
- Responds to critical system or site wide production application operational issues by soliciting information and proposing recommendations from available resources.
- Communicates and assesses impact to service centers, business areas, and IT organizations.
- Ensure integrity of monthly problem data and correlates with availability performance data.
- Works with IT partners in identifying root causes and problem trends while recommending procedural changes to reduce problems and improve quality.
- Provides training and mentoring to others in the department.
- 5 years of IT experience
- 3 years of experience in IT Incident Management
- 3 years of experience with architecture and systems administration processes for UNIX, Linux, MF-Zseries, iSeries, and Microsoft Systems.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience Additional Job Information: ITIL, IT Service Management, Kepner Tregoe
-Excellent communication (oral, listening and written) skills.
-Ability to facilitate the adoption of Incident/Problem/Change Management Process within an IT environment.
-This role is on call in the evenings one week per month.
-A high level of knowledge of network systems/infrastructure management and process methodologies and practices.
-Strong knowledge of architecture and systems administration processes for UNIX, Linux, MF-Zseries, iSeries, and Microsoft Systems.
-Experience in Root Cause Analysis and data collection Knowledge of 5 Why's Methodology of root cause analysis
-Ability to interact with all levels of management both inside and outside of IS, to include vendor interactions.
Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.