Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Lead Data EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Designs and develops complex and large scale services.
- Able to write complex SQL for purposes of analytic processing.
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Able to navigate data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers. Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Applies knowledge of Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge on microservice and container architecture, experience designing & optimizing queries for scalability, modular, and efficient analysis.
- Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java, Scala or any of the major languages to build robust applications that integrate with large data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Advanced knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Akka or Pykka, API development, and docker/microservices
- Advanced knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions.
- Has in-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Data Scientist Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Senior Director, Digital Product Management / Marketing Technology Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Hadoop Engineer Dallas, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.