Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Lead Data Engineer ((Hadoop/Python/Java)Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Are you passionate about cutting edge technology?
Is your dominant trait intense curiosity — Are you ready to make discoveries while swimming in data? Do you desire to go beneath the surface of a problem, find the questions at heart, and extract them into a very clear set of hypotheses that can be tested? You are in the right place; working with Aetna gives you just that…. Scrutinizing data in a world-class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness, and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? Aetna’s Data Engineer team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
- Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing. Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Behaves as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Applies knowledge of Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
- Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Experiments with available tools and advices on new tools to determine the optimal solutions given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams. Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Advanced knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.Advanced knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment
- Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions.
- Has in-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bradenton, Florida, Boynton Beach, Florida, Casselberry, Florida, Fort Myers, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Pensacola, Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Actuarial Manager Chicago, Illinois, Bethesda, Maryland, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Concord, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- Event Coordinator / Administrative Support New York, New York
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.