Lead Business ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Designs conceptual models to approach complex business problems whose impact often results in significant degree of change to the organization. Accountable for contracting, initiative planning, business results and ongoing client relationship management and satisfaction for large scale, high value initiatives impacting the delivery of products and services to the internal and external environment. Responsible for providing oversight and supervision to external vendors, external consultants, consulting team members and/or matrixed staff as required in support of initiatives. Accountable for transferring knowledge, best practices (external and internal), methodology and tools to client organizations. May be responsible for concurrent initiatives as team lead and/or team member, based on resource requirements.
• Drives or guides development of holistic solutions and/or key strategic plans. Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and independently influences business leader(s) including the most senior level, to act or change behavior through complex negotiations and/or expert consultation that promotes issue resolution
• Communicates compelling and concise results to empower business owner in decision making process regarding project opportunities
• Conducts thorough business case and external customer value analysis to determine selection, prioritization positioning and approach for broadest range of potential solutions (e.g., outsourcing, process improvements, technology solutions)
• Drives client contracting process, builds optimal influential client relationship for results and deliverables and manages relationship throughout engagement
• Fully integrates baseline and metrics tracking into initiative planning and execution for optimal results. Shares joint accountability for initiative’s return on investment
• Provides management guidance and oversight in the selection and use of long term external consulting engagements
• Provides continuous coaching, direction, feedback and development for other consultants, matrixed staff and/or external vendors as required. Assignment may require formal supervisory role
• Drives or guides engagement using a disciplined repeatable methodology.
• Provides oversight to or drives initiative planning as required.
• Designs, develops interventions and facilitates work sessions.
• Develops and delivers all 1 required analysis, reporting and presentation materials
• Gathers, analyzes and synthesizes competitive intelligence to drive achievement of strategic business objectives
• Facilitates diverse internal and external networks, as appropriate, for data gathering and best practice identification.
• Leverages internal and external networking to drive optimal initiative results and knowledge/best practice transfer
- 10+ years experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
- Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
- Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, financial strategic planning and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, risk management.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Time management skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Negotiation/influencing skills.
• Relationship and change management skills.
• Analytical and planning skills.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Team leadership and team building skills.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.