Lead Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, NY-New York Apply
Aetna Analytics & Behavior Change (ABC) mandate is to transform health and wellness through data analytics & machine learning products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for building data products, involving real time ingestion frameworks, data pipelines to process large volumes of poly structure data, and model deployment; as well as the envisioning strategic data roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated data platform and supporting products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna ABC is looking for an Lead Data Engineer to join our team in Hartford, CT or New York City, NY.
- Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Applies knowledge of Aetna systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
- Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
Minimum 7 years total business experience
4 years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
3 years experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
4 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
2+ years of people management experience
Healthcare sector experience preferred
Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
Masters degree desired, PhD a plus
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.