Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
IT Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Define Aetna IT Enterprise sourcing strategy by Domain; Optimize sourcing spend and engagement with suppliers; and successfully delivering annual the IT portfolio.
- Help lead a team of peers by building new processes and developing team to focus on ever changing portfolio and objectives.
- Ability to communicate and effectively negotiate with business, Sr. Management and peers with a high level of confidence and composure.
- Provide overall support to Aetna’s IT organization (O&T) in engaging a high volume of high-quality, cost-effective technical resources from multiple tier-one offshore vendors (OSV).
- Effectively negotiate individual resource rates in support of VMO supported teams
- Engage vendors via multiple contract models including Managed Services, Fixed-Bid Deliverables / Outcomes based, Unit Based, Committed Capacity, and T&M.
- Provide vendor management support to assigned IT areas. Consult with Department Heads and Directs regarding the use of multiple primary offshore vendors. Assist Managers in achieving offshore vendor staffing and work-effort offshore ratio targets. Meet with Directs as needed (monthly, bi-weekly, weekly depending on need) to discuss portfolio, and to discuss any issues related to OSVs or the contracting process. Resolve all OSV issues to Aetna management’s satisfaction. Interact daily with vendor’s account management/delivery team regarding current activity and resolution of any issues.
- Develop highly collaborative, effective working relationships with departments outside of IT including: Finance, Procurement, Legal, and Human Resources.
- Participate OSV rate card negotiations.
- Contract Management of IT Production Support Managed Services contract. Serve on L2 and L3 Governance Committees.
- Acts as lead technical and/or process advisor for Vendor Management
- Monitors and holds resources accountable for meeting performance metrics
- Bachelor degree from accredited higher education institution.
- VMO experience preferred
- Technical reporting experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.