Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
IT Program ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Manages Project Managers accountable for multiple interdependent projects that span one or more business units or functions.
- Builds a high performance team and is accountable to the Portfolio Manager to ensure that program milestones are met and that project activities are completed on time for an assigned program.
- Encourages staff development by providing leadership and mentoring to Project Managers.
- Ensures that projects align with the program's objectives by thoroughly understanding the business segment's drivers and issues.
- Identifies and leverages project interdependencies to ensure synergy between the projects within a program and to promote benefits realization across the program.
- Manages to the program budget, and reports program cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively identifies additional cost-savings to reduce overall program expenditures.
- Oversees program milestones, resolves issues, and removes the barriers that may hinder project execution.
- Proactively evaluates program activities, builds contingency plans, and executes corrective action on a timely basis to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances
- Maintains operational consistency and effectiveness by assisting Project Managers in the use of project management tools and processes.
- Evaluates projects utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall program objectives.
- Conducts end-of-project performance reviews for Project Managers on the project team.
- Adheres to project management methodology by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practices, and identifying areas for process improvement.
- Monitors and holds Project Managers accountable for meeting performance metrics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to create executive level materials (samples to be provided).
- Ability to manage cross-program initiatives.
- Ability to drive enterprise level initiatives within and across teams.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Customer Service Representative Jacksonville, Florida
- Senior Software Architect- Content Customization~62463BR Burlington, Massachusetts
- Customer Service Representative Columbia, South Carolina
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.