Investigative AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Reviews company-wide adverse background investigation reports submitted by the external background vendor, and other application documentation such as, but not limited, to, employment applications and resumes to determine credibility of information made by potential candidates.
- Interviews applicants/employees to gather facts relevant to the situation and to ascertain the presence or absence of indicators of truthfulness.
- Conducts fact-finding research (e.g., contacts courts to get court documents, researches various databases, contacts other Aetna departments) to gather pertinent data for each case.
- Uses independent thinking to reach reasonable and logical conclusions about the potential candidate for each case.
- Draws from experience to make recommendations for changes to the background screening processes and criteria.
- Documents all cases in the system for review by Management or designate.
- Works collaboratively with HR Compliance, HR Talent Operations, HR Talent Acquisition, Legal, and other departments in support of defined business or regulatory objectives.
- Provides general advice to employees and HR staff on the proper handling and reporting of complaints and the services available through Investigative Services.
- Consults with HR Talent Operations to monitor vendor quality and offers opinions on the vendor performance.
- Assists investigators with routine investigations of known or suspected violations of company policy, fraud, and acts of a civil nature that involve the operations of the company for internal adjudication.
- Communicates through written reports to management on the status and findings of background investigations.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by Investigations Lead or Management.
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience in business or government, preferably law enforcement.
- Awareness of industry trends and development.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience (law enforcement or business related field preferred).
- Professional certifications preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.