Instructional Design/DeveloperPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Conducts performance analysis to determine the expectations and gaps for the intended audiences.
- Uses formal instructional design methodology to design and develop performance-based training and educational tools.
- Develops and conducts follow-up assessments to determine the effectiveness and ROI of training programs.
- Simultaneously participates on and/or leads multiple project teams.
- Works in partnership as appropriate with external vendors to deliver state-of-the-art, technology-based training tools and programs that meet the needs of multiple, diverse audiences and integrate effectively into Aetna's architecture.
- Communicates regularly with local/regional training delivery staff to manage the rollout of training materials and gather feedback on program effectiveness.
- Incorporates feedback gathered from participants and other relevant audiences to improve training, processes and products.
- Effectively manages curriculum, reporting and other relevant administrative requirements through the Aetna Learning Center.
- Exhibits behaviors outlined in Instruct Design & Dev Skills
- Strong business background.
- Experience in application of performance-based instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, performance consulting and educational media desired.
- 5+ years experience in a managed care or related business.
- Education in instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles and/or performance consulting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Managed care/ health insurance industry experience preferred
Come join our team of learning professionals! We are committed to designing, developing and delivering performance solutions to drive sales success. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of healthcare and sales industry experience with a strong background in instructional design and development process and technology. In this role, you will partner with learning consultants, sales leadership and subject matter experts to create innovative learning solutions that impact business results.Required Skills: General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Technology - Leveraging Technology Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.