Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Information Security Advisor - Ethical Hacker/Penetration TesterPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
We are looking for someone who is a motivated and keenly interested in the security of applications. Someone willing to speak up, present, and collaborate as needed. Especially when it comes to application security or our application security program. The Information Security Advisor will be part of an experienced team of skilled penetration testers. You’ll participate in all phases of penetration testing as well as other individual and team based work all focused on the information security of our enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity for an appropriately experienced penetration tester to work with our application security team.
Be a part of our team!
100% Work at Home from any location in the United States.
We invest in your career development.
CVS has extensive Internet presence.
Protect money movement, Healthcare and other sensitive consumer information.
Be a part of transforming Healthcare in America.
Be a part of expanding opportunities to test Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), cloud, Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Internet of Things (IoT).
Collaborate with many other bright and experienced security professionals, application developers and data scientists.
We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
We care about protecting our planet!
- Understanding of and experience with other types of vulnerabilities such as in binary executables, mobile, cloud, Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus.
- Participation in Capture the Flags (CTFs), Bug Bounties, and open source projects as well as publication of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs), security advisories, exploits, and custom testing tools or scripts receives special consideration.
- Governance/execution over risk assessment/risk advisory process and tools of CVS Health assets.
- Represent team through communications/meetings with auditors and regulators during compliance and regulatory reviews.
- Contributing by identifying roadmaps, tuning, and improvement opportunities for the team – Proactively identifying opportunities to mature processes and control requirements.
- Partner with infrastructure teams and affiliates to implement processes and technology to support control requirements – Maintain control standard requirements.
- Proven experience driving implementation of a tool or process.
- Experience working with teams in large complex environments and contractors.
- Willingness to perform work some evenings/overnights/weekends as needed for planned penetration testing activity. (not typical).
- Ability to execute on a task and improve the process for executing that task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to communicate findings to developers in a fashion that facilitates remediation of those vulnerabilities. (Adequately explains, presents, demonstrates [when applicable], and documents the operational impact of a particular vulnerability/exploit.)
- Background demonstrates an evolving information technology skillset with an interest in penetration testing and information security.
- The candidate should be able to assess web applications using automated and manual techniques to identify web application vulnerabilities.
- Level of experience should be commensurate with that required to test in PRODUCTION when necessary.
- Experience with Burp Suite and one or more security scanning products.
- Understanding of the entire taxonomy of web application security vulnerabilities, and experience with exploitation of web application vulnerabilities.
- Willing to change, willing to be flexible, and ready to adapt (new roles, responsibilities, methodologies, procedures, etc.) as needed given the dynamic state of information/application security.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.