Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Informatics Senior Business AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
62785Fundamental Components: Helps to identify and define systems, business needs, and requirements.
- Coordinates development and support for new and existing applications.
- Primary liaison between business area, operational support and information technology.
- Partners with the business to develop a solid knowledge base of the business area, including the business plan, products, processes and revenue streams.
- Coordinates business requirements definition, development, testing, implementation and support for new and existing systems.
- Identifies, researches and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and coordinates resolutions.
- Possesses a broad understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Oversees enhancements in order to maintain productivity and efficiency.
- Contributes to the design and mapping of data conversion strategies. Documents user guide documentation and training materials.
Participates in collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources.
- Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager. Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
- Adheres to project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools and identifying areas for methodology improvement.
Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems
- 5+ years Business Analyst experience
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills are required for the candidate to be successful.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of SQL, with broad experience developing complex business queries.
- Inquisitive, Imaginative and open-minded with the ability to work individually and within a matrix team environment.
- Experienced in gathering, documenting, presenting business requirements for broad audience including leadership, technical disciplines (Architecture, Development, Testers), and business resources.
- Ability to simplify and present complex business cases to a broad audience including leadership, technical and business resources.
- Experience with platform conversions including data mapping, data validation and analysis of gaps in business functionality.
- Experience is writing and supporting technical specifications.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.