FP&A Sr. Consultant - Corp Expense MgmtPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This position will help support the "Corporate" functional areas manage their resources and expenses; working primarily with teams within Finance, Enterprise, and other "non-business" areas.
Advanced finance position performing complex assignments requiring advanced analytical and technical skills. May serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Assist in the month-end close process which includes preparing journal entries to be posted to the General Ledger (accruals, pre-paids, and expense transfers), analyzing monthly variances to Plan/Forecast, and reporting monthly results to management and business stakeholders
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders
- Development annual Plan and quarterly Forecasts for General & Administrative (G&A) expenses
- Ensure accuracy of Balance Sheet account balances by completing the monthly Account Reconciliation process
- Manage & maintain an appropriate cost center structure to help organize and track G&A expenses for assigned areas
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and requests from key business stakeholders across the Finance organization
- Able to independently identify problems, communicate to leadership, and execute corrective actions
3-5 years finance related experience generally required, healthcare finance a plus. Prior experience leading a project team Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree requiredAdditional Job Information: Can complete project tracking tools.Ability to manipulate large amount of data into concise analytical reports.Work independently with business areas to compile information.Demonstrates leadership.Influence people within areas of responsibility.Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).PC skills in Excel, Access.Comprehensive business knowledge Required Skills: Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, Finance - Financing Aetnas Future, Finance - Managing Aetnas Assets Desired Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen Functional Skills: Finance - Expense management, Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Hyperion Planning, Aetna Application - Hyperion Reports, Database - Hyperion Essbase, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.