Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - 65812BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This position directly supports the full income statement of the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) business. The role will analyze complex premium, medical cost and SG&A data to support decision-making processes and provide insight that helps our business partners, our plan sponsors, and Aetna achieve financial goals.
Responsible for coordinating and supervising financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis functions. May be process or project leader without supervisory responsibilities. Participate and lead ad hoc Finance function and multi-functional projects.
- Business Partnership
- Support messaging of financial results and strategic actions to business owners
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Ensure appropriate connections between pricing, underwriting and planning/forecasting
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis functions for a Commercial segment -Evaluate, analyze, and present financial information relative to plans and goals, benchmarks, and other data to management
- Provide forecasting estimates to assist in future budgeting and resource requirements
- Responsible for overseeing and developing models for financial forecasting and reporting functions
- Monthly Reporting
- Perform ad hoc analyses of premium, medical cost, and SG&A outliers and lead/deliver special projects and requests to facilitate better understanding of our business performance at the Executive level of the organization
- Assist in bridging gap between Financial Statement (FS) and Date of Service (DOS) results to support both financial accounting and performance analysis
- Manage processes that control and monitor key drivers to achieve business goals, including premium yield and medical cost trend
- Lead finance function and multi-functional projects
- 4-8 years related accounting/financial/actuarial/underwriting experience, healthcare finance a plus;
- Experience with business planning, accounting and/or financial analysis desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance or related degree required.
- Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA/MBA preferred.
- Internal business knowledge (finance and department business).
- Influence areas outside of direct control.
- Accounting policy knowledge and ability to apply to business situations.
- Healthcare knowledge.
- Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).
- PC skills in Excel, Powerpoint, Hyperion, Oracle.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.