Financial ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Aetna SG&A expenses in the Oracle G/L to AetnaSGA Hyperion. Ensure all variances are researched and corrected on a timely basis.
- Assist the team by reviewing and posting selected journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Loss Adjustment Expense (LAE) study.
- Coordinate the year-end ASIR requests to be completed by our team.
- Prepare the year-end ASIR requests related to cost containment and OCA expenses.
- Prepare the quarterly two year SG&A cash flow submission for the Consolidations unit.
- Provide analysis, reporting and commentary on a total company basis to support the monthly SG&A close cycle.
- Prepare the monthly Capital Expenditures report for consolidated Aetna.
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting and analysis for external constituents including Statutory reporting,
- SEC reporting, External audit and the tax department.
- Complete all ad-hoc requests, both internal and external, accurately and on a timely basis. Support any new requests as a result of the CVS acquisition and related purchase accounting.
Background Experience: 4-8 years related accounting/financial experience, healthcare finance a plus; experience with business planning, accounting and/or financial analysis desired
Prior experience leading a project team Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree required Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA preferred. Additional Job Information: Internal business knowledge (finance and department business).
Influence areas outside of direct control.
Accounting policy knowledge and ability to apply to business situations.
Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).
PC skills in Excel, Access.
Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.