Fin Rpt & Analysis Sr Consult, Aetna PortfoliosPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Responsibilities include the accounting and reporting of a variety of Debt and Equity investments and analyzing the results on a GAAP and STAT basis for Aetnas portfolios. The candidate will also analyze and reconcile monthly investment information to the companys general ledger accurately and timely. In addition, the role will work on continuous process improvement initiatives while leveraging current accounting information tools and technology.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual Statutory Investment schedules
- Help drive automation efforts to streamline reporting processes
- Assistance in the preparation of GAAP Investment disclosures reported in Aetnas 10k/10Q
- Analyzing and reporting Realized Capital Gains & Losses
- Assistance with additional adhoc projects as needed
- Position requires extended hours at critical times
- 5+ years demonstrated Accounting & Reporting experience
- Strong financial and technical GAAP and STAT investment accounting skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative to independently research and resolve issues
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to interact with various levels within the organization
- Experience with GAAP & STAT Investment Accounting principles desired
- Proven track record to embrace change and drive implementation of new efficient processes
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Oracle, and Crystal Reports
- PAM investment experience/ knowledge of Bloomberg preferred but not required
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Investments/Accounting/Operations/Reporting - GAAP accounting/1-3 Years
Functional - Investments/Accounting/Operations/Reporting - fixed income instruments/1-3 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial and accounting policy/4-6 Years
Functional - Finance/Financial reporting and analysis - statutory statements/1-3 Years
Functional - Investments/Accounting/Operations/Reporting - investment accounting/4-6 Years
Technical - Reporting Tools/Oracle Reports/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Aetna Applications/Financial Services Accounting Hub/1-3 Years/End User
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.