Executive Director, Interoperability and TransparencyPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Partners with executive business leaders and their respective teams to optimize the delivery of technology to support regulations and improved organizational effectiveness. (Focus includes the following disciplines: Management consulting, business process/project consulting, strategic business planning, and risk management consulting).
Responsible for designing conceptual models to address the most complex legislation focused on transparency which results in significant change for the organization as well as the healthcare industry. Represents the CVS Health/Aetna position both internally and externally regarding transparency. Secures required resources and uses formal processes/tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes while driving projects to completion.
- Working with Government Affairs, legal and compliance, develops strategies and then translates vision into execution of projects and priorities.
- Works with business and functional leaders to develop comprehensive business cases and requirements and to secure project resources.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to multiple project teams developing holistic solutions and/or key strategic plans for large, complex projects. Budget responsibility of multi-million dollar project (TBD).
- Responsible/accountable for cost, scope, quality, time and risk mitigation of active projects.
- Coordinate and influence new member interfaces, consumer use cases and tools as it relates to the consumer experience while accessing this new public information
- Create backbone technology in order to securely transmit highly sensitive data
- Identify and drive execution and performance monitoring of strategic business initiatives: This includes development of scope, structure and timing of initiatives and on-going monitoring.
- Develops and maintains standard project tools and reporting methodologies.
- Continuously reviews projects’ progress against deliverables, milestones and costs.
- Communicates compelling and concise results, maintaining transparency with all stakeholders.
- Provides timely and continuous coaching, direction and feedback to project managers to ensure continuous development and project execution
- Represents (and assists business colleagues in representing) the company with external constituencies concerned with transparency including federal and state governments.
- Engage with C-suite level provider partners to develop strategy and execute requirements.
- Directs the resolution of highly complex and strategic business problems related with transparency of proprietary information.
- Develop and prepare for senior leadership (BCP level) presentations for company’s position and progress on the legislative requirements.
- Establishes, influences, and manages internal cross-functional and external provider relationships to support these activities.
- Broad based healthcare insurance experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with large scale initiatives, managing complex projects and/or programs that resulted in achieving the program objectives (e.g. cost savings, customer satisfaction, improved process, etc).
- Proven experience managing matrixed staff with ability to leverage non-direct reports to complete tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with, influence and collaborate with the executive level; ability to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of theorganization.
- Over 10-15 years’ experience in large complex organizations with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning and/or risk management consulting.
- Well-honed consulting skills enabling the individual to work with others to elicit information, to think objectively and analytically and to influence outcomespositively
- Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
- Demonstrated personal integrity with the ability to inspire trust and create an environment of constructive debate that encourages diverse opinion, yet supports managementdecisions
- Collaborative style, with the ability to establish working relationships across the senior management team, business units, and as well as with external advisors and constituents
- Experience with cross-functional initiatives, with a high degree of complexity
- Demonstrates ability to lead, influence and problem-solve across various CVS Health businesses
- Proven relationship management skills across all levels within an organization and external constituents
- Strategic business acumen and proven senior leadership skills. Ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships. Must demonstrate enterprise thinking as well as “roll up your sleeves” action.
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and how it functions with a keen understanding of growthdrivers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. MBA desired
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.