Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Engineering - Voice OperationsPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Using established guidelines, designs, implements and enhances voice, data, LAN.
- With limited direction, utilizes advanced communication traffic concepts and system design techniques to develop appropriate network and distributed products and services in support of the business.
- Provides technical support in the evaluation, acquisition, installation, integration, testing and monitoring of microcomputer systems and software products.
- Works with vendors as needed.Tests microcomputer software releases and defines standard installation and upgrade methodologies.
- Designs, codes and implements software modifications to meet product/platform connectivity needs and specialized end user requirements.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of release management controls and standard installation and upgrade methodologies.
- Consults with end user staff, management,and vendors in the identification and resolution of microcomputer system(s) software problems or difficulties.
- Serves as escalation point for less experienced staff.
- Keeps abreast of new hardware and software developments, monitors the performance of assigned products/systems, evaluates alternative approaches and recommends new software or modifications which meet end user business requirements and enhance performance.
- Resolves inter-product dependencies, prioritizes and coordinates problem resolutions across organizations using debugging tools to resolve problems for mission critical products.
- Escalates matters as needed.Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service within the distributed computing environment.
- Designs plans according to business strategic operating plans. Mentors less experienced team members by instructing, assisting, directing, responding to questions and serving as an escalation point for problem resolution.Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Experience supporting large distributed enterprise environments.
- 1-3 years work experience that reflects a proven track record or proficiency in the competencies noted.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.