Director, Strategic and Business PlanningPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
May manage multiple managers directly or indirectly who are responsible for initiatives and tactic deployment from design to implementation and then measurement. Manages those work teams and/or most complex projects through resolving challenges, bottlenecks, risks and mitigation strategies to meet implementation timelines. Sets strategic direction for team and/or complex projects and or programs (e.g., national in scope which may impact one or all segments, and typically runs multiple years in duration with high financial implications). Has full accountability for all aspects of projects and or programs such as financial, regulatory, marketing, etc.
Builds a high performing team of cross functional project leaders with their supporting team to execute flawlessly for customers with varying needs. Requires managing government program initiatives with annual guidance changes and constant changes in business requirements which demand flexibility and innovation. Leads to cut through the complexity of varying project requirements and set a course of action to execute. Guides team in decisions surrounding the development of the projects including process improvement and efficiency enhancement to ensure ongoing compliance with legal, financial and Government program guidance and support.
Leverages outstanding communication skills to manage various customer segments interfacing with clients and all levels of the organization to manage through issues and to gain agreement to strategic approaches for implementation of the projects. Strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills ensure implementation operational activities. Represents the organization to our internal customer segments through regular management meetings and executive updates. Must be able to understand business needs, provide solutions, resolve challenges and execute flawlessly to support requirements.
Works in a cross-functional group environment and possess the ability to influence without authority and collaborate well with others. Works as business owner with IT staff to deliver new solutions, client websites, annual and monthly updates to improve services for our customers.
- Experience in operations, process improvement, measurement and quality management is required.
- Experience in the health care industry is preferred. Requires 7-10 years of experience or a combination of compelling education and experience in consumer-oriented operational management, marketing and/or communication, health care or health insurance, strategic planning, or product planning roles.
- Progressive business experience with exposure to multiple disciplines (e.g. Consumer Marketing, Business Operations, Care Management Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, IT, Actuary, Medical Economics, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work in an ambiguous environment, be flexible and comfortable with change and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong strategic planning, project management skills required.
- Capable of leading teams and meetings, delivering stand-up presentations and comfortably interacting with senior management including EVP, SVP and VP level. Strategic and creative thinker with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong team player that can operate effectively in unstructured environments, build effective networks of internal and external contacts and create consensus for change.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.