Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Director, Data EngineeringPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
Do you have the vision and have an affinity for enabling data-driven decisions with a bias toward action? Do you enjoy the process of breaking down complex data sets and problems into comprehensible and actionable insights? You are in the right place; working with CVS/Aetna gives you just that. CVS/Aetna is looking for a strong leader with a deep knowledge of data engineering to drive the vision of data engineering & analytics strategies for CVS/Aetna. This role will partner with cross-functional areas such as business leadership, data scientist and data engineering to provide the thought leadership to develop solutions that enhance business insights and decision management. This position will lead a data engineering team in defining and assessing advanced analytics programs for CVS/Aetna
65981Fundamental Components: Leads development and execution of highly complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
• Leverages broad knowledge of market-leading edge technologies and specialized expertise in programming skills such as Python or Java or any of the major languages to creatively solve highly complex business problems.
• Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with detailed knowledge of multiple programming languages and data infrastructure.
• Designs complex, production systems and creates custom packages using multiple programming languages to solve challenging data engineering problems.
• Acts as a thought leader to provide expert technical consultation to senior IT management strategic planning groups.
• Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems to promote integrated corporate business systems.
• Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
• Collaborates cross-functionally to build and convert algorithms and models into production systems to support enterprise initiatives.
• Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products. Provides guidance for enterprise-wide technology roadmap.
• Experiments with available tools and advice on new tools in order to determine the optimal solutions given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
• Applies knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
• Impacts the results of a business area, leading others in identifying and resolving complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
• Sets business area priorities, allocates resources and develops plans for multiple related teams. Decisions are guided by the business area strategy.
• Applies best practices and knowledge of strategic objectives. Manages multiple related teams, sets business area priorities, allocates resources and develops plans.
• Leads others in identifying and resolving complex technical, operational and organizational problems. Impacts the operational performance of a business area by implementing and monitoring the business plan. Guided by business area strategy Background Experience:
• 10 or more years of progressively complex data environment t related experience.
• Has in-depth knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Expert experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands. Expertise in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
• Expert knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• Expert experience implementing complex, enterprise-wide data transformation and processing solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Superior collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
• Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
• Proven ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources and build innovative solutions
• Mster’s degree or PhD preferred. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.