Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Dir, EngineeringPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This is a management position leading the Internet Network Engineering Team for a Fortune 5 Enterprise company. The position will lead a Network team that manages Internet corporate access, B2B connectivity, and Perimeter network security tools.
58697Fundamental Components: Fundamental Components:
- Lead the strategy, design and engineering and Level 3 Support for a large enterprise organization focusing on Internet and B2B Technologies
- Responsible for developing, and executing the strategy for Public facing access, including firewalls, routers, switches, ISP access, DDoS, Proxy servers, DNS, etc.
- Manage a $15 M budget, proving accurate forecasts, variance explanations, and ensuring that financial goals are met
- Sponsor major infrastructure projects and ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Prepare and execute leadership presentations outlining key projects and strategies/ Background Experience: BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE desired:
- College education required, preferably in the engineering or networking field(s)
- Experience in a large enterprise organization managing network teams and technology
- Experienced in building new teams, with remote employees, especially in an acquisition scenario
- Excellent communicator - oral and written, good leadership presence
- Knowledgeable in Network technology, especially in the security area
- Excellent collaborator, and team player, inspires others
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.