At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Data ScientistPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Are you an expert in applying data management and manipulation skills to solve business problems?
Are you able to shift between detailed exploration and broad strategic thinking to propel marketing performance?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to join with you on the journey to transform healthcare in the U.S.
- Partners with marketing managers to understand business needs for driving results through direct to consumer marketing campaigns.
- Adept at gathering business requirements from non-technical people and translating into technical documents.
- Responsible for development of direct mail, email and programmatic marketing campaigns.
- Practical application of marketing models and segmentation for accurate selection and test design.
- Designs, implements, and measures test and learn initiatives to understand optimal ways to improve customer experience and sales results.
- In a relatively flat organization, communicates effectively with a wide range of audiences from marketing peers to senior management
- 1 - 3 years of directly relevant experience in quantitative business analysis (direct to consumer experience preferred, but not required) preferably in healthcare, insurance or financial services.
- Proficiency in several areas of data management, database marketing, campaign execution and design of experiment.
- Experience in manipulating large datasets and developing quality control procedures.
- Excellent understanding of test and learn initiatives and other statistical techniques used to provide analytical support.
- 3 or more years of experience using SAS, SQL, R and Tableau.
- Familiar with Adobe, Unica, Epiphany, Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Hive and similar data management technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative field
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.