Data AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, RI-Woonsocket Apply
To develop & deliver decision support tools, reporting applications, insights and business intelligence based on advanced analyses and studies to support health care policy, benefits and operational decision making by Aetna internal & external constituents. This involves extracting, collecting, analyzing and interpreting health, utilization and financial data from many sources to address business questions regarding population health management, health and
economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, healthcare program and product design, healthcare provider network design & other business needs. These activities require advanced technical, analytic and consultative skills, extensive knowledge of health care data and information systems, as well as an understanding of epidemiology, health care benefits, health care financing & health care delivery systems. Under general supervision, conducts analyses or produces reports of varied healthcare data to assess health and economic outcomes of Aetna products and programs.
• Performs analyses of varied healthcare data to evaluate programs and product solutions using healthcare medical, pharmacy, lab, survey & utilization data.
• Designs and codes efficiently using SAS/SQL programs.
• Extracts data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic datasets and creates reports and studies to
address business and research questions.
• Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to solve business problems.
• Executes univariate and multivariate statistical analyses and interprets results in the context of the business problem or question.
• Conducts periodic updates of analytical routines & department production systems
• Investigates and evaluates alternative solutions to meeting business needs.
• Participates in presentations and consultations to constituents on information services, capabilities & performance results.
• Documents methods, specifications and findings clearly; contributes to writing and presentation of results, findings & conclusions.
• Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects & assures the integrity of the data.
• Manages personal resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately & on time
• Participates in the development of project plans & timelines.
• Responsible for commitments to quality & on-time deliverables.
• Motivated and is willing to understand and probe into technical details & data irregularities.
• Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.Background Experience: • 3+ yrs of relevant programming or analytic experience. Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of health care claims, products & systems.
• Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Strong SQL and SAS programming skills (e.g., SAS Base, SAS STAT, SAS Macros)
• Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
• Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
• Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of complex databases and UNIX or mainframe environments.
• Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods and tools.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to various audiences.
• Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Microsoft Access, web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic. Additional Job Information:
Bachelor's degree in
Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer/Actuarial/Social Science,
Healthcare or related discipline. Follow Informatics Analyst Behaviors
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.