Data Analyst - UnderwritingPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Assists Underwriting team by providing tool support including creating complex queries, complex technical programming, and complex applications.
- Works with advisers from key functional areas to understand potential project impact on the organization, align project work, and execute activities accordingly.
- Presents to internal customers, constituents and business partners, strong business as well as systems knowledge and can perform reasonability checks.
- Participates in the analysis, planning, design and development phases to support accurate maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Influences change or enhancements to business processes, policies and system infrastructure to improve information quality, availability and access.
- Develops and participates in presentation and consultation to business partners and internal business areas on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Negotiates resources in peer organizations to meet high priority department objectives.
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and competing business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of data interpretation and analysis experience.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 3-5 years of Demonstrated leadership
- 3-5 years of General Underwriting experience
- Development Tool - Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Database - Microsoft Access.
- Development Language - Microsoft Visual Basic.
- General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment
- General Business - Consulting for Solutions
- Technology - Leveraging Technology
- Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating
- General Management - Process & quality improvement
- Information Management - Programming and documentation
- Information Management - Database Design (Physical)
- Information Management - Query and Database Access Tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.