Corporate Expense FP&A ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
63055Fundamental Components: Responsibilities include:
- Report monthly SG&A results to Enterprise senior management, summarize business drivers behind financial results and offer insightful analysis to help business leader execute their business priorities and objectives within the boundaries of their budgets
- Take on a lead role for the entire Budgeting/Forecasting process for assigned area from beginning to end which includes, but not limited to, communicating guidance to senior management, coordinating the collection of budget/forecast inputs, analyzing submissions and understanding budget changes, reporting submission to senior management & internal management teams
- Manage & coach team members in the review of monthly variances to Budget/Forecast, lead team in the review of expenses and help team members research discrepancies to identify trends and business drivers
- Review journal entries (accruals, pre-paids, expense transfers) prepared by team members and post to the General Ledger as part of the month-end close process
- Ensure accuracy of Balance Sheet account balances by reviewing and approving monthly Account Reconciliation prepared by team members
- Manage & maintain an appropriate cost center structure to help organize and track G&A expenses
- Ability to independently identify & resolve highly complex problems/tasks
Background Experience: -4-8 years related accounting/financial experience, healthcare finance a plus; experience with business planning, accounting and/or financial analysis desired
-Prior experience leading a project team
-Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree required; Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA preferred
-Internal business knowledge (finance and department business)
-Influence areas outside of direct control
-Accounting policy knowledge and ability to apply to business situations.
-Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).
-PC skills in Excel, Access. Additional Job Information: Internal business knowledge (finance and department business).Influence areas outside of direct control.Accounting policy knowledge and ability to apply to business situations.Healthcare knowledge.Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).PC skills in Excel, Access. Required Skills: Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, Finance - Managing Aetnas Assets, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Engaging and Developing People Desired Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Creating Accountability Functional Skills: Finance - Expense management, Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes, Finance - Financial Budgeting, Finance - Management: < 25 employees Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Hyperion Planning, Aetna Application - Hyperion Reports, Database - Hyperion Essbase, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel, Reporting Tool - Oracle Reports Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.